Kartarpur Corridor is one of the unique project of its nature. It is extended over a vast area of 875 acres including 104 Acres of Kheti Sahib. It is now the largest Gurdwara of Sikhism in the world. Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (PSGPC) and Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB) are the custodian of Kartarpur Sahib and managing its affairs in a befitting manner.
Salient features of Kartarpur Corridor
- Gurdwara Darbar Sahib Kartarpur is located about 4.5 Kms from Pakistan- India border.
- Kartarpur Corridor was completed in record period of 11 months by FWO on the special direction of Prime Minister Imran Khan.
- 5000 yatrees on routine basis and up to 15000 on special occasions can visit Gurdwara Darbar Sahib Kartarpur via Corridor. Yatrees entering via corridor from India.
- Design of Kartarpur Corridor (architectural and structural layout) was finalized after extensive consultation with the Sikh community worldwide, keeping in view their religious and cultural sensitivities.
- Following are some of the important features:-
- Border Terminal
- Gurdwara Darbar Sahib Complex
- Residential Area for Yatrees
- Medical Center
- Shopping Area
- Special bridge of about 01 Km was constructed on river Ravi to make Kartarpur Corridor a reality.
- Protection Bunds have been constructed around the Corridor for its safety from floods.
- Bus service is available free of cost to facilitate the yatrees.
- “Sacred Wells” (3), used by Baba Guru Nanak Dev Jee have been restored and made functional in the Gurwara complex and it is used to serve “AmratJal” for yatrees.
- White marble has been used in the courtyard over an area of 450,000 sq ft.
- High-grade granite, covering area 120,000 sq ft have been used.
- With the addition of special lights, the night view of Kartarpur Corridor is worth seeing.
Noor Ul Haq Qadri
Federal Minister for Religious Affairs
Dr. Aamer Ahmed
Chairman-ETPB & Convener of committee
Sardar Ameer Singh
Sardar Vikash Singh
Dr Mimpal Singh
Sardar Sagar Singh
Sardar Satwant Singh
Dr, Sagar jeet Singh
Baba Harmeet Singh